Thursday, October 7, 2010

Share And Voice: Eco-friendly Wedding Favors

This week I was walking around Michael's looking for items for my portfolio and for a wedding I am in this weekend. I happened to have stumbled upon these I Do! Green Recycled Favor Boxes and I thought they were really neat! I think most of us are at the age where a lot of friends, or maybe even us, are getting married. I know I'm always looking for new ideas for the future and creative ways to decorate (ok, so maybe I didn't just happen to stumble into the wedding section) .

When my friend got married this summer and we went back the next day to clean up, we found that there were several of her favor boxes filled with candy left behind only to be thrown out and put to waste. I think this is pretty common for most weddings so why not try to be as eco-friendly as possible if you insist on having favor boxes. They are pretty cute too! There are a lot of other styles as well. Hopefully, this will set a good example for all of our guests to follow in the future.

4 comments:

  1. Nice find! It would be better probably to use those boxes instead of bags like some people do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really neat! It is crazy how many unique eco-friendly products you can find if you just do a little digging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great way to be eco-chic! No sacrifices here. You get all of the greatness of a wedding favor without all of the waste. This is really awesome and I will suggest them to my friend who just announced her engagement yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These boxes are a great idea, good find! I think weddings can be pretty wasteful occasions with all the decor and favors etc. and this is a great way to help cut back on some of that! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete