Friday, October 8, 2010

Share and Voice: EMF Detectors

While I was browsing the internet for new and different types of green products, I found the Electromagnetic Field detector. Curious as to what the purpose of it was, I read the description. According to the website Green Home, the EPA believes that EMF's around places of high-voltage (such as power lines and cell phone towers) have the potential to have damaging effects including cancer. Although they are unsure as of now since it isn't easy to prove and it hasn't been until recent years that these high-voltage areas were around, they suggest that we all take precautions.

This is why the EMF detector may be a beneficial tool to have in your home to protect yourself and your family. It is able to detect the strength and range of these emissions so you are better able to limit your exposure to them.

I thought this was an interesting topic. It somewhat reminds me of my read 'n' seed book in that it discusses the effects of chemicals later on in life without immediate damage. I think it is another thing we need to be aware of in our environment. It is common to look at a skyline these days and see multiple towers and power lines.

5 comments:

  1. Even though they don't know if high EMF's do cause damaging effects, it sounds like a good thing to have in a home just in case. Better safe than sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a good product to have around, especially if it causes negative effects on your health in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this would be a pretty cool gadget to have around the house, although I'm wondering what you should do in the event that the detector finds a strong field. Should you leave your house? What protects against the EMF's? I'm really interested in this and I think I'll look into it more. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never even heard of this before! This is interesting, but I am not sure if it is marketable. How do we get people more concerned about exposure to these emissions? I have never heard anything so it would be interesting to see how much literature there is out there about this issue. Very cool though, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is brand new to me as well, It makes perfect sense tho. Yet another thing that can effect us that we are completely unaware of!

    ReplyDelete